FAITH - We exercise faith in the will, power and providence of God to meet every need for both the ministry and the members. Therefore, the expansion and outreach of this ministry is not determined by our visible resources but rather by the commands and promises of God.
SACRIFICE - We recognize personal sacrifice and total dedication to be essential to the fulfilling of our God-given commission. We should be willing to face hardship, inconvenience, sickness, danger and even death if necessary, for the fulfillment of Christ's command to make known the Gospel to all people. We should make every effort possible for the fulfilling of CLC's purposes.
FELLOWSHIP - We are a fellowship of God's people drawn from various backgrounds. We therefore allow no national or racial prejudices or exclusive denominational or doctrinal emphases in the life and ministry of CLC. We believe that within the fellowship of CLC the will of God can be known in all matters pertaining to His work. Therefore we expect that, as we seek Him, agreement can be attained within the fellowship in making decisions. We accept the teaching of Christ that the test of our discipleship is our love for one another. The fellowship principle within CLC means that each member should be sensitive to the needs and welfare of others and bear one another's burdens in the spirit of love.
HOLINESS - We affirm our dependence upon the work of the Holy Spirit to fulfill our purpose, and shall ever seek His power and guidance by prayer, faith, obedience, humility and holiness. We take this to mean living with the supreme aim of pleasing God in thought, word and deed according to the standard of the Bible.
The following is the Statement of Faith with which all members must agree and to which all items carried by CLC must conform.
1. We believe in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of all things, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary and atoning death on the Cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe in the universal sinfulness and guilt of all mankind since the Fall, rendering humanity subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
5. We believe in redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit as essential for the salvation of lost and sinful mankind.
6. We believe in the justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved will rise to life and those who are lost will rise to be condemned.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers, who form the universal church, the Body of which Christ is the head.