Many third world countries are suffering today from famine of which you may never have heard. They are experiencing a famine of Christian literature and other needed Christian resources. There is a spiritual hunger in these countries and a growing Christian population with very little spiritual food to meet the demand.
Why is this?
Even though many of these countries speak and read English as a national or trade language, economic conditions are often a barrier. Christians in these countries cannot afford books at first world prices. In addition, many of these countries charge high tariffs and other import taxes on Christian products. As a result, all the Christian products that are currently available are too expensive for the majority of the population to afford.
Can you imagine spending a month's wages to buy a Bible?
CLC's Christian BookLink is a unique ministry designed to help solve this problem and end the famine of Christian resources in these third world countries. Here's how it works:
We collect good quality used Christian books at our headquarters warehouse. These books are provided by individuals and churches that partner with us.
- We also accept donations from publishers and Christian book clubs of new Christian books and Bibles.
- Our team sorts, packs and ships these materials to CLC locations around the world, including India, Kenya, the islands of the Pacific Rim and the Caribbean.
- They are then sold for prices that local Christians can afford so many more people have access to these needed resources.
- The money raised from sales is used to cover part of the cost of shipping future donations of books and Bibles.
Types of books we accept
Good condition used or new:
• Bibles and New Testaments
• Bible dictionaries, commentaries, concordances and other Bible reference books
• Christian books and tracts for adults and children
Literature received is sorted and shipped overseas to countries where English is used and it is difficult to receive or afford new materials.
How you can help
• Be a CLC point person in your church and establish a CLC Christian BookLink collection program.
• Donate funds for shipping these books and Bibles. Click here to donate online
• Volunteer to help sort, pack and ship these vital resources worldwide.
• Become a CLC Prayer Partner and pray that God would use these resources to transform lives around
Take the next step and get in touch with us today: Contact Us