Statement of Faith
What We Believe
The following is the Statement of Faith with which all members must agree and to which all items carried by CLC must conform.
1. We believe in the Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of all things, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth and sinless life, His miracles, His substitutionary and atoning death on the Cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe in the universal sinfulness and guilt of all mankind since the Fall, rendering humanity subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
5. We believe in redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit as essential for the salvation of lost and sinful mankind.
6. We believe in the justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved will rise to life and those who are lost will rise to be condemned.
9. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers, who form the universal church, the Body of which Christ is the head.