Overwhelming response to CLC’s Ukraine Publishing Project
The response to CLC’s Ukraine Publishing Project has been overwhelming – over $150,000 given so far! It has literally brought us to tears as we have seen the generosity of God’s people poured out to meet the spiritual needs of the Ukrainian refugees who have fled to Hungary, Poland and Romania. Because of this generous response, CLC has been able to greatly increase the number of resources for children, who make up well over half of the refugee number.
CLC is on the ground now in these countries with national staff who are distributing the books and Scripture through many churches and Christian organizations. Here is what CLC is doing with the donations received so far:
- In collaboration with Josh McDowell Ministry, CLC is printing 60,000 copies of More Than A Carpenter in Ukrainian for distribution in Hungary, Poland and Romania.
- We are printing 100,000 Ukrainian Gospels of John in Poland with the help of the Ukrainian Bible Society. We will do additional printing if more funding comes in.
- 2,000 children’s Bibles were purchased from a publisher in Ukraine, and our staff in Poland have already distributed these.
- We are purchasing a mixture of over 2,880 children’s Bibles in Ukrainian, plus 500 in Russian from the Ukrainian Bible Society. The border is still open and they will be transported to CLC Poland. Some will be distributed in Romania and Hungary, with the rest going out in Poland through our connections with churches.
- We have purchased 1,000 Ukrainian New Testaments from the Ukrainian Bible Society. We plan to purchase thousands more in April if the border remains open and funds remain.
- CLC is now printing 10,000 bilingual children’s Bibles in Ukrainian-Polish for children ages 6-10. These will be distributed in Poland.
- We will soon print 15,000 copies of Blotch: A Tale of Forgiveness and Grace, a marvelous children’s book from Broadman & Holman publishers. CLC is delighted to collaborate with the Ukrainian language publisher to make it available to the refugee children. Blotch is an excellent illustrated book to teach kids about the Gospel.
- CLC in collaboration with a Ukrainian publisher is planning to print 15,000 copies of My Name is Miriam, a touching illustrated book for children written by Ukrainian Christian author, Nadiyka Gerbish. It is the story of a refugee family through the eyes of a girl named Miriam.
Our goal is to provide the Scriptures and Christian books with the funds the Lord provides. As long as the Lord provides, we will keep printing and distributing through the many channels we have on the ground.
THANK YOU for your donations to support this project. God has already allowed us to reach tens of thousands of Ukrainian and Russian speaking refugees with the Scriptures and appropriate Christian literature. Praise Him!
100% of all donations goes directly where designated. Here is how you can help:
- Make a tax-deductible donation online (Please specify “Ukrainian Publishing Project” as the gift designation).
- Send a check to “CLC Ministries International” and include a note saying “for Ukrainian Publishing Project.” Mail the check to CLC Ministries International, Box 1449, Fort Washington, PA 19034.
- Pray for us!
The situation is very fluid with developments on a daily basis. Please pray for:
- discernment for our team as we make decisions about which titles to purchase or print
- stamina for the believers, churches and Christian organizations collaborating with us to distribute the tens of thousands of books and Scriptures
- open hearts and minds as the books and Scriptures are read
- the Lord to open doors to collaborate with other like-minded organizations for some publishing projects.
THANK YOU! Спасибі!
CLC International Director
[Original post 3/4/22]
An appeal for the Ukrainian refugees in Poland, Hungary and Romania:
CLC International does not have a presence in Ukraine.
However, we do have many contacts with publishers there, and we have bookshops and dedicated staff in the bordering countries of Hungary, Poland and Romania which have already welcomed over one million refugees.
Over the past days we have been coordinating with Ukrainian Evangelical publishers and distribution channels for refugees on the ground in all of these countries. Our desire is to freely provide the Scriptures, an evangelistic book, and books and Bibles for children – all in the Ukrainian language.
The Lord is doing great things in helping us bring this together for the Ukrainian refugees!
- Josh McDowell Ministries will pay for CLC to print 50,000 copies of More Than a Carpenter.
- A publisher in Lviv, Ukraine can provide us with two different Bibles for children – 1,000 copies each. They are still able to get them across the Polish border, but we must act quickly, and we need the funds to purchase these Bibles.
- Christian Focus Publishing has generously offered us the files for many Ukrainian children’s books. All we need is the money to print them.
We have Christian printers ready to print these titles in Poland.
- We are also working on printing tens of thousands of New Testaments for free distribution in the Ukrainian language, hopefully in collaboration with the Bible Society or another Christian organization.
In this historic moment, we are looking to the Lord to raise up donors to help CLC International purchase the books and the Bibles for children and to print various titles and the New Testaments.
Friends, the need is huge as you can imagine. We will do as much as we can according to the funds that we receive. What is clear is that the need is urgent and CLC is in a unique position to help provide New Testaments and books and Bibles for children over the next weeks and months.PLEASE DONATE